When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did the design for the built-in Schwinn fender light come from?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Since Schwinn was always trying to link their bikes to planes, trains and cars/motorcyles, it's not unusual.

When did that bike first appear and when did the headlight move from the bars or struts is the question.

If I recall right, Rollfast/Snyder had that frame style c. 1936? They had a huge light in the same area.

it appears that schwinn must have been the first to rat road their bikes? i love it!!
ps doesnt the front end from the 39 dodge look like the front end of the fords of that era....bunch of copy catters

1533927081158.png

To Raymond Loewy:
One of the most prolific and influential designers
of the 20th century. He literally revolutionized the industry in America creating designs for many products. From airplanes, automobiles and more and which can be seen in the bikes which we all admire.
prr-s1-locomotive.1383658679.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if someone is still around you could ask about the design? Do you think Jay Pridmore & Jim Hurd might know? Other than the lense and the screw hole that 2jakes pointed out, they look the same to me. Barry

I wonder if someone is still around you could ask about the design? Do you think Jay Pridmore & Jim Hurd might know? Other than the lense and the screw hole that 2jakes pointed out, they look the same to me. Barry
I believe Hurd passed away about 10 years ago, do'nt know about Pridmore.

Back