When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where Do Guys/Girls Buy Your Tubes?...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Tubes...like it says in the Post headline. I have plenty of wheels, lol...
Same. I have collected a bunch of aluminum & steel mtn bike box store style wheels. Now if I could get the hang of lacing; I'd be set on wheels for a bit.

The walmart Goodyears seem the way to go when you need 26". They are pretty heavy duty. Only other tubes I have that are as thick is a random Western Flyer that came out of God only knows what '65 or older bike I have. 1" Gorilla tape 1-2 wraps & you shouldn't need to worry too much about tubes .... unless you ride through trash & rough country stuff
Are you taping the inside of the tire or just the outside of the tube? o_O

I buy slime tubes. They are a little thicker and have slight puncture resistance. Not great but the slime has helped me before in a jam. Bell tubes are too thin and just suck.
I really oughta get these thick goodyear tubes and fill em with TruGoo instead. Nobody wants to be the guy on the group ride everyone has to stop for that did not bring a tube or tools. Or have to walk for miles to get home on a flat. Plus who wants to change tubes anyways? Keep em all good and full and forget about patches or replacements.

I buy slime tubes. They are a little thicker and have slight puncture resistance. Not great but the slime has helped me before in a jam. Bell tubes are too thin and just suck.
I really oughta get these thick goodyear tubes and fill em with TruGoo instead. Nobody wants to be the guy on the group ride everyone has to stop for that did not bring a tube or tools. Or have to walk for miles to get home on a flat. Plus who wants to change tubes anyways? Keep em all good and full and forget about patches or replacements.
Tu....Siii...Siii..sabes...Señor...
Haha.....:p;):D:cool:

Stay safe.!!! with family.!!! and friends.!!!

Are you taping the inside of the tire or just the outside of the tube? o_O
No. Let me clarify; running Gorilla tape around the rim vs using a rim strip. I don't usually ride through briar patches & on roads full of tire damaging stuff. Rocks would be about the biggest puncture obstacle maybe

Anyone notice the "Shrinkflation" is some products?

In the Goodyear Heavy Duty tubes, I have noticed that the old 30% thicker than conventional tubes, are now 50% thicker than standard tubes; (but the box size and model number are the same).

C7B999F5-7491-4769-A7C7-69F1BE1E7F86.jpeg

I get my basic tubes (Kenda, Goodyear, etc.) wherever I find them cheapest. Sometimes it's Amazon, sometimes eBay. When I want a set of better tubes, I get the Schwalbe tubes with screw-down schrader valves from Perennial Cycle in Minnesota.

I do not replace old, good tubes (vintage USA or British made) with new ones. The best tubes I've ever used are British-made Dunlops. My pre-war Raleigh Model 35 still has its original Dunlop tubes, going strong.

Back