When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do you buy your 26x1 3/4 Schwinn Tires??

-
Looking for a 26 1 3/4 white wall tire?? Where should I look? Is there another way to search besides 26 1 3/4.???? Help please

No they are not the same Contact MRG on the site he some times sells then through the site. They are the 26x13/4 /2 they are a little bigger then the standard 13/4. Very nice tires I would recommend them. If he is out they are available on Feebay

Looking for a 26 1 3/4 white wall tire?? Where should I look? Is there another way to search besides 26 1 3/4.???? Help please

Local bike shops in your area may have tires for S-7 Schwinn rims. There is a very limited choice for tires that fit these odd size rims and a new tire was just released about 6 months ago. It has the same tread pattern as the Schwinn Westwind tires but it's actually bigger and fills in the fenders. When doing a search use 26" x 2" x 1 3/4" ISO 571.

Kenda makes two tires for the S-7 and it seems most places now are out of stock. They are the least expensive and the one marked 26 x 2 x 1 3/4 is the one that's bigger and most used. The other is real skinny and marked 26 x 1 3/4" and I don't recommend this one. They are also sold as Sunlite tires. Sunlite is just a major distributor, not a manufacturer.
CST is another brand and it has a beefy tread and is a popular choice. The newest entry for the S-7 is the brick tread and it's branded F&R and so far I've picked up 3 sets off three vendors on eBay. MRG will sell and ship but three sets of tires need to be purchased if he is going to ship. Here's a thread I started when these tires were first introduced to the market.

I needed this info as I was just given a girls Schwinn Hollywood with original tires. Thank you!

One more recommendation for the new 26x2x1-3/4" "small brick" tires, as sold in parcels of 3 sets by mrg, or onesy-twosy on ebay.

If your fenders are mangled you will need to un-mangle them, particularly if you have the later narrower fenders. These tires are wider than the original 26x1-3/4".

Reactions: JLF
Try mrg on here he sells 3 sets cause it’s more economical to ship them I’m guessing . They’re a little bit thicker and fill out the rim much better than the standard S 7 tires. He also sells the tires for S 2 wheels.

Back