When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where have all the good bikes gone?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nice bikes are actually not hard to find as most are at or above market value and that's at any site if your patient you'll see them....now where are all the nice bikes at great rock bottom giving away deal prices....now that's a great question....I'm a firm believer that the best is yet to come. Got a taste of that a few days ago ....family of a deceased bike guy didn't want any stuff for them selves and started a sale and gave great prices to the local buyers who came early 😦
Keep your eyes peeled and listen to people when they say they have a lead......
Oh and have cash ready cuz you just might find your self a nice score

marflrt.gif

Nice bikes are actually not hard to find as most are at or above market value and that's at any site if your patient you'll see them....now where are all the nice bikes at great rock bottom giving away deal prices....now that's a great question....I'm a firm believer that the best is yet to come. Got a taste of that a few days ago ....family of a deceased bike guy didn't want any stuff for them selves and started a sale and gave great prices to the local buyers who came early 😦

View attachment 1880205
A sad reality but true. When bike guys pass, open wide the gates.

We all get more picky as we grow older and are deep in the hobby! There out there, but yes, alot of the deals have become private deals. Not to mention beating the pavement for lost goodies. Think about it, I think most of us have the "if you ever decided to sell it" guys in our lives. I think this is a big part in regard to the better bikes passing hands now.
What amazes me are the guys complaining that the bike market is way down. Well, if you load up with questionable and just plain junk bikes, sure, the market is way down. Yes we all have some just plain fun bikes and projects, but most of us realize they are just that!! IMO!

Last edited:

View attachment 1880205

Hey Jose,

Was this local? Seems I'm always like the guy at the end of parade pushing a broom...

-Ken

I got into this in the late aughts and it seemed like every month there was a bike to be found that I just couldn't live without. I still have some of those bikes and I can confirm that they are way better than anything that has come up in the last few years. I haven't purchased any bikes in 2 years now. I do miss that "OMG,OMG,OMG!" feeling of finding a listing for a great fresh to market bike. Buying bikes for top dollar that have made the rounds through various collectors hands was never what it was about for me.

In some basement, garage, back room, attic, barn, shed, and sadly living rammed in with others in some hidden not ridden hoarders collection. I don’t understand the point of 50,100 or whatever amount bicycles and never ride them. They were meant to be ridden, set them freeeeeeee! 👈🏻👋🏻

Back