When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to find?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks for the feedback. I’m glad I only paid $125 for it shipped on Facebook. For me it’s a tribute build for all those who have fought and died for our freedom. I currently have five projects in the works. And if you follow me, this is the normal.

1939 original MW Hawthorn
1938 original Western Flyer
1948 Schwinn Straight bar
1943 G519 Tribute
1960 Rat bike with nice components.

The date is stamped 1943 and the welds have been reinforced. Someone went to a lot of trouble with the frame. When completed it will be for sale. Perhaps I will make a few hundred dollars to break even. Thanks, JimRoy

Last edited:
I have spent the last few days looking at just about every picture of Huffman frames and their markings I have on file and based on what I've seen and compared to this frame I must admit that more and more I'm convinced this particular frame is not a correct 1943 Huffman Military frame.

From my files I would suspect a 6 digit number with any H marked frame. The font of the numbers, especially the 3 has not been used on any other Huffman frame of which I have pictures.
Also the welding is unlike any other straight tube Huffy frame from the same period.
I believe this is a civilian frame with altered or added numbers and date.

Let it be clear the above is just my opinion and I would love to hear/read what others think.
I will gladly stand corrected if someone thinks this is a genuine frame based on info or other similar frames!!!

All this being said it will still be a great WW2 Army tribute bike, but IMO it will not be a correct WW2 issue model...

As said, my 02cts... Looking forward to other opinions...

I see what you are saying Johan. Also, when I visually compare some of the welds to the ones on my 1943 Huffman the welds on this frame look a bit too thick or overdone as opposed to the slightly less pronounced welds on my frame. Also, I noticed that in regards to the stampings that it appears the solitary 3 stamp between the serial number and the year may be an over stamp? It looks like an 8 possibly was originally stamped in that location. Finally, if you look at the top of the frames down tube for the seat and the measured distance between the seat tube tightening bolt hole and the spot where the two rear frame tubes meet the down tube. The space between these two locations should only be about 1/4'' on a 1943 Huffman. ( It is about 1/2'' on the early 1942 Huffman's) It appears in the picture here to be more then 1/4'', but it is hard to tell by just looking at a picture. Based upon what you have posted from your research and what I have noticed I would say that somewhere along the line the frame could have been modified to look like a 1943. If nothing else, it would be questionable enough that I would not purchase it as a 100% true 1943 Huffman frame.

You gotta love social media. You’re asked to post a few pictures of your build and it is dissected apart. It will be a nice tribute build for those who are fighting and who have died defending our freedom. It discourages me to post any of my other work. JimRoy

Every individual that posts a photo and/or comment on this forum takes the chance that one or the other may be challenged and/or praised. This writer included. If a member posts pictures of a spectacular original or restoration or provides new information for the enthusiast, then it enhances the knowledge of all collectors in this field. If a photo/comment seemingly leaves questions or possibly errors then and obligation exist to make this known to the membership. This should not be done to belittle some one's hard work and efforts, but as a positive learning experience to all. The information posted by Johan ( if I may speak for him) and myself was not meant to insult or degrade your restoration in anyway. It was as Johan wrote, an opinion based on what we have seen and uncovered through years of collecting. Your hard work will, I am certain produce a fine tribute bike to those that rode them and fought for our freedom during WWII. Whether your tribute bike frame is original or not will not change what the final result was meant to be for our American heroes, and for that you should be commended! Please do post pictures of the final results. I am certain as a tribute bike it will be well received!

Regards,
Bill

I was trying to build a 1939 Columbia into a WWII “Tribute bicycle” with original military rims from the old Fort Ord motor pool. But now it seems it may be a waste for these rims. Any ideas out there?
5534F40D-81A2-491A-A4B9-F206FF5AF7C2.jpeg

A0F82E2F-730F-4D76-9EC0-1E218DBE241C.jpeg

5E109CB6-0F10-4631-B262-B9E18D30E8AC.jpeg

4BB331E3-A90E-4C36-B750-B9D82C3EBB65.jpeg

86A1E189-A0A7-4DBF-8B1C-3F2524E3F8F9.jpeg

Back