When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to find?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

JimRoy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I restore approx 10-12 prewar bicycles a year and a few weeks ago I started my first 1943 Huffman G519 restoration. I have quickly learned that the wheels are darn hard to find. I have everything else except for a correct Persons seat and a bag. The frame is currently at my frame builders getting some repairs. JimRoy

Yes, these are very hard to find. The only solution I have found is to build a set. You can find NOS military wheel. They are pricey. Expect between 2 to 300 for the pair. Get 10G spokes. Find some civilian hub and lace them up. Then keep looking for original military hubs. Last pair I saw sold for $900. I will have $500 into just a set of wheels once they are laced up. This using civilian prewar marrow hub drilled out for 10G spokes, and a Bendix heavy duty hub from a cycle truck or wizzer.

Yes, these are very hard to find. The only solution I have found is to build a set. You can find NOS military wheel. They are pricey. Expect between 2 to 300 for the pair. Get 10G spokes. Find some civilian hub and lace them up. Then keep looking for original military hubs. Last pair I saw sold for $900. I will have $500 into just a set of wheels once they are laced up. This using civilian prewar marrow hub drilled out for 10G spokes, and a Bendix heavy duty hub from a cycle truck or wizzer.

Thanks. I should have listened to Mrs. JimRoy and kept walking when i saw the old military bike frame for $125 . I will have well over a grand in the restoration .

How could you not buy it for that? I’d love to find a frame especially for that price.

Thanks. I should have listened to Mrs. JimRoy and kept walking when i saw the old military bike frame for $125 . I will have well over a grand in the restoration .[/QUO
Thanks. I should have listened to Mrs. JimRoy and kept walking when i saw the old military bike frame for $125 . I will have well over a grand in the restoration .

JimRoy -

I do have a correct Eclipse 'M' 36-10 rear hub, 36-10 front hub, and proper rims. I also have the seat frame and possibly the seat pan.

I should be done with my G519 tribute build in a couple of weeks. I completed the wheels today. The front wheel was easy to lace and true. Lacing the rear wheel Morrow hub was a beast. They are so nice I can't stop looking at them. I will mount the tires this weekend and post pictures. JimRoy

Wheels are done and drap:)
1A8D5241-D284-414C-8FA4-418A182FBCA8.jpeg

Back