When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to find?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
After a few months of being buried on several other bikes, I’m back on the Military project. I should have final pictures in a couple of weeks. I’m planning to sell it as soon as I get it completed. Before I get too attached.
833726F0-16F3-45A7-B207-F61519E7E59E.jpeg

4E6C617A-909B-467D-B47A-00EEAB3CDD8D.jpeg

4DC0FB96-8552-48B8-B89D-65B43DC49DD9.jpeg

Is it a straight tube frame? Is it dated 1943... Could you share the frame number?
If so it would have had a later fork with separate truss rod support plate instead of the integral supports.

A detail of course only important if you want it to resemble factory issue...

Before you start priming the frame and forks, how about posting photo's of the frame serial number and year stampings. Can you also post a photo of the fork date code stamped on the rear of the fork horizontal plate. All of these stampings should be easy to read without the paint. Also, Johan is correct about the front forks. The only WWII Huffman's, that I am aware of, to use the style you have were the very early 1942 ( Approx., Jan. - Feb.) with the curved lower frame tube.

Regards,
Bill

I bought the Huffman frame off Facebook for $125 shipped. I didn’t realize is was a military frame until I flipped it over an saw the 1943 date. I started with just a frame so I’m calling it a tribute bike. I bought the fork from a Caber. The’re not a dime a dozen and it was the only one I could find at the time. I scrounged together all the other parts and I built the wheels myself. Hopefully it will look all right when I get it done. Thanks for asking and I will post the serial numbers. I like the challenge of working on old bikes. When one is completed I start on the next. I’m a lousy salesman so they usually collect dust. Let me know if you know someone who wants to buy a nice military bike. Like I said, it should turn out nice. JimRoy

Last edited:
Is it a straight tube frame? Is it dated 1943... Could you share the frame number?
If so it would have had a later fork with separate truss rod support plate instead of the integral supports.
A detail of course only important if you want it to resemble factory issue...

Yes. It’s a straight tube and it’s dated 1943. Thanks.

Thanks for posting the number...

That's the lowest H numbered bike I have ever seen... Also the '3' used is different frome the one usually used on H stamped frames...

Anyway, good luck with the build and sale!

I should be done with the G519 in a week or so. I’m painting it now.

I have spent the last few days looking at just about every picture of Huffman frames and their markings I have on file and based on what I've seen and compared to this frame I must admit that more and more I'm convinced this particular frame is not a correct 1943 Huffman Military frame.

From my files I would suspect a 6 digit number with any H marked frame. The font of the numbers, especially the 3 has not been used on any other Huffman frame of which I have pictures.
Also the welding is unlike any other straight tube Huffy frame from the same period.
I believe this is a civilian frame with altered or added numbers and date.

Let it be clear the above is just my opinion and I would love to hear/read what others think.
I will gladly stand corrected if someone thinks this is a genuine frame based on info or other similar frames!!!

All this being said it will still be a great WW2 Army tribute bike, but IMO it will not be a correct WW2 issue model...

As said, my 02cts... Looking forward to other opinions...

Back