When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to go for 40-635 tires (28 x 1 1/2 roadster)?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My commute ? About 6.5/9 miles one way, depending on which route I take, if I go shopping, to the Library, etc. I live at the top of a good sized hill, I use SRAM 24t cogs, that lowers the gears nicely for hill climbing. I have several 3-speeds, rotate them.
That sounds really nice. Back when I worked on location, I had a 5 mile each way, fairly flat ride along the river. The majority of that was on the very nice Farmington River Trail MUP, which intersects with the Farmington Heritage Canal Trail - a part of the East Coast Greenway. So of course I rode all the old bikes I owned during that time.

Sadly, I had it in my head that my bike commute should not take longer than my car commute. It was still a good experience, but I probably would have enjoyed it more with a leisure mindset.

My commute was pretty much in-town, lots of stop and go traffic, I switched from 10 speeds to 3 speeds in the late 1990s, found them more suited to that type of riding.

I'm going to bug my local bike co-op (and indie shop if they fail), but am wondering where y'all go for these. I'm looking for the Kenda K141, or similar tread style. Thanks!
amazon has Schwalbe Delta Cruiser plus that go to 80 psi and theyre puncture proof .
But you must be really careful when ordering. 40 635 is the tire size to type in first before typing in 28 x 1 1/2.

Gazelle dealers should have 40-635 tires as their Populair model wears them. Mine came with cream Continentals that run 60 psi and have puncture protection, but I’ve also seen them supplied with Schwables.

IMG_0125.jpeg

An eBay seller in San Diego has some English size tires, but the prices might make imports from England (e.g., bankrupt bike parts) look competitive.

Perhaps the best deals to be had might be from previous buyers who mistakenly ordered the wrong size of 28” tires.

I figure that if I have to pay a premium, just because the tires are of an odd size, then I may as well just go with Schwalbe tires.

You have to ship from Germany, but this has the most choices I’ve seen by far.

You can choose from black, white, cream, clay, red, grey or whitewall.

Been really, really happy with the Schwalbe Marathon tires on our Roadsters. Usually run 60psi in them.
The boy and I, doing The Lake Pepin Tour, on roadsters, and Marathons, last spring.
Ted

IMG_1979.jpeg

Back