When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Colorflow?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brian

Finally riding a big boys bike
Well I could use some opinions from you guys. I’m likely going to part with one of these two but I’m truly up in the air which one of these bikes to keep. I have a ‘49 Colorflow and these two ‘53’s. I would just assume keep them all but selling one of these keeps me moving forward towards another possible bike that I don’t have.
Nearly all my bikes are all original paint which is generally the way I prefer them. The pic of the original bike is as found and will clean up pretty nice I’m sure. But,....my delima is that the restored ‘53 was done professionally in the 90’s and is absolutely beautiful!
I could really use some assistance / opinions.
Thanks

Well I've seen way more of the 53 style my self, never seen a 49 Color Flow before. I'd personally keep both bikes since they both are nice examples of old and new Color Flow models.

Here's the before and after on my 52 Flow, saved the original paint best I could.

Well I've seen way more of the 53 style my self, never seen a 49 Color Flow before. I'd personally keep both bikes since they both are nice examples of old and new Color Flow models.

Here's the before and after on my 52 Flow, saved the original paint best I could.
View attachment 1134979
View attachment 1134980
Wow!,.. Great job removing that old red paint! It looks awesome! I need some tips from you on paint removal I see.
Yes normally I get lots of responses from fellow caber’s on different matters but not this one so much. I almost feel like I must have worded something in a way that was offensive to others or maybe shouldn’t have even asked the question at all.
But I do thank both you and rivnut for your response! Thanks!

Now I’ve forgotten how to officially include a fellow Caber on a post,...LOL!

Maybe put one of those vote things at the beginning of the thread. I would keep the original one. The restored one might bring a larger dollar amount that could fund the next project. And you could restore the original one if you missed the restored bike.

Kinda nice having a 49 Westfield & a 53 Murry built Colorflow's, now just get a Monark JCH for the trifecta!. Oh ya, I forgot the Shelby built Higgins!

Last edited:
Maybe put one of those vote things at the beginning of the thread. I would keep the original one. The restored one might bring a larger dollar amount that could fund the next project. And you could restore the original one if you missed the restored bike.
You make a good point !

Back