When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which manufacturer made the coolest adult bicycle? Please post an example.

-
Mike, first time I've ever seen a taller frame Flyte, it looks out of proportion if you ask me. Smaller frame Flytes look much better!

Hey Oldrider
I agree the 20 and 22 inch are better looking but the Tall Adult 24 inch grocery getter is fun to ride.

DSCF1496.JPG

Elgin was not a manufacturer.....

True, that's why I edited my first post here to Colson since they actually manufactured their own bikes. Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm still learning, but Elgins were actually built by Westfield & Murray,right?

So, that settles it, Schwinns were the coolest...end of thread.

"..and your Racycle was actually an adult bike!!!!!!!!! Not seeing many here."

Actually, in the 10's and teens, bicycles were mainly for adults.

LOVE that Pierce....gee whiz, that's what I'm talking about.

As far as I've found in my research & talking with several members here, some maufacturers offered a taller frame for full grown men. Most seem to have a 19-21" seatpost and an extra inch or 2 in the top tube for a bit more leg room. Some even have a longer wheelbase to keep the frames proportional, just like the '37 Imperial I posted a few pages ago.

Nice Dave! Another one added to my "Someday" list. I initially got into Colsons cuz they were the first ones I was told offered a large framed bike. Not an easy feat finding a comfy ballooner when you're 6'4":( LMK if you decide to bring it out to the CC ride sometime. I'd love to check it out.

True, that's why I edited my first post here to Colson since they actually manufactured their own bikes. Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm still learning, but Elgins were actually built by Westfield & Murray,right?

Yes. Westfield and Murray.

...Chitown, your Pierce is absolutely beautiful.

Thanks but that beaut is not mine, and yes it is beautiful machine. This would be second on my list after the Rough Riders Mead... for adult bikes.

Next on my list of adult beauts would be any leaf spring fork Racycle. Any one of these would make it on my list. (courtesy of member Blue aka vw00794:(

GEDC2501-1.jpg

Back