When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which old bike brand is the most durable??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
W

Wheelie Pete

I was thinking about buying another old bike that I could do a lot of riding on. Which of the old brands is the most durable? Schwinn?? Elgin? Rollfast? I have no idea. Thanks

well thats a neat topic, well according to the bikes i've had anything before 59 and after that I would have to say schwinn. every bike i'ved owned has been great except for the evens colson i had, it actually had a weird way rear of the bike connected to the crank area, kinda like a clip system but the one I have now that is the same bike just different way of being connected more of the traditional way.

monark man is right schwinns are the toughest the ones I have are over 40 and still rollin on although they are restored

left out cleveland welding. schwinn's are the most well known,but the cleve's are built just as well,and the '36/'37's fenders are bullet proof. kk;)

Schwinn? They're fine I guess, but seriously...

left out cleveland welding. schwinn's are the most well known,but the cleve's are built just as well,and the '36/'37's fenders are bullet proof. kk;)

After owning and riding my '40 Roadmaster, I see no reason to need a Schwinn.
Who started the 'Gotta be a Schwinn' bull anyway?
:rolleyes:

i started collecting and hated schwinn until I bought my fiance one and now well they are good bikes but I really dont like the cantilever frame at all or the dx just the straight bar frames. but I forgot to mention shelby, my dad's shelby has been indestructable especially that big springer on the front. that thing in the 70's went to work and back 20 miles a day for years while my mom had the bmw lol

don't agree on the shelby's,at all. i DO own a restored '36 shelby airflow,and a baddass orig '38 no nose,though. tubing wise,they just aren't as strong,real easy to ding on the frames,tubing isn't as thick as the cleve's,or schwinn's. kk:rolleyes:

hi ,
i think everthing that was made before 1950 was made to last ,
bikes that are made today are ready for the thrash even the repro black phantom
which i had, i sold it because the tank was made out of coca cola iron,
okay maby back in the days there was quality and quality but most of the
bicycles are stil going strong!;)

i always kid around with my friends about thier brand new bikes i tell them my bikes already outlasted yours. they get all bent out of shape its funny cause they paid alot of money for their bikes and well I didn't and mine look better

Back