When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White 59 Racer cleanup

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Those are old BF Goodrich tires. ill be replacing them in the spring with new kendas probably.
Which tires did you end up using? I've a 55 women's racer I'm rebuilding for my adult daughter and am confused over the tires. Existing tires are "Schwinn 26 x 1 3/8 for S5 or S6". I looked at Kenda 40s but reviewer said it wouldn't fit. You did great job cleaning that bike! I'm struggling getting my rims that clean though haven't tried a "chem" soak yet.

Which tires did you end up using? I've a 55 women's racer I'm rebuilding for my adult daughter and am confused over the tires. Existing tires are "Schwinn 26 x 1 3/8 for S5 or S6". I looked at Kenda 40s but reviewer said it wouldn't fit. You did great job cleaning that bike! I'm struggling getting my rims that clean though haven't tried a "chem" soak yet.
I highly recommend finding original Schwinn tires as Kenda's are pretty much crap. they do not seat right on the rims and it is all but impossible to get them to roll well without bounce. there are still plenty of these tires out there, I just bought 4 at the last swap meet and the guy had even more Schwinn tires in a bunch of sizes.

The size for that rim is a bead seat diameter of 597mm. The Kenda tire designation would be 37-597 (NOT 37-590). They are sometimes marketed as "K23" as well, but the ISO size designation of 37-597 is usually what to look for. The Kendas are OK tires, nothing great, but of passable quality. The other option is old stock tires, which were better-made, but of varying condition today depending on how they were used or stored over the years.

I highly recommend finding original Schwinn tires as Kenda's are pretty much crap. they do not seat right on the rims and it is all but impossible to get them to roll well without bounce. there are still plenty of these tires out there, I just bought 4 at the last swap meet and the guy had even more Schwinn tires in a bunch of sizes.
Thank you for the insight. Didn't account for these issues when I bought the bike yet I like these Schwinns. I'll start my search!

The size for that rim is a bead seat diameter of 597mm. The Kenda tire designation would be 37-597 (NOT 37-590). They are sometimes marketed as "K23" as well, but the ISO size designation of 37-597 is usually what to look for. The Kendas are OK tires, nothing great, but of passable quality. The other option is old stock tires, which were better-made, but of varying condition today depending on how they were used or stored over the years.
Really appreciate the info. I learn tons simply reading the comments posted by Cabers. I may simply buy a set of Kenda's for now then start looking for some old stock tires. Thnx again!

Back