When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White sidewalls or black walls?

-
I bought these Schwinn Superior skinny whitewalls recently because I love that mid-sixties vibe they give off. Wasn’t planning on mounting them on this ‘63 Mainliner, but I love how they look, they line up with the fenders like they were made for them.

View attachment 1801991

View attachment 1801992
Are those a Schwinn replacement for the other middleweights? Is the tire size 1.75? I like those thin line white walls, cool.

Are those a Schwinn replacement for the other middleweights? Is the tire size 1.75? I like those thin line white walls, cool.
They’re 1 3/4s for S7s, which is what I’m currently running on that bike.

61423A21-AC1C-48D0-85B4-E42C630E299D.jpeg

I know it is an old thread, but where did you find red stripe 26 x 13/4 tires? It would be great for my yellow Typhoon
I've seen white walls with red stripes or do it yourself with a red paint pen and make your own. I've done this with some old Carlisle slicks that were faded out and they turned out fairly well. Good luck. Mark.

And so today I went against my previous statement and put whitewalls on the painted rims on this ‘58 Hornet I’m putting together for my wife. But the blackwalls just disappeared under the blue fenders, and they really looked ho-hum. But these whitewalls give the bike some class, and as they are a skosh bigger, they fill up the fender well better. Now to decide on whether to keep the black seat and grip combo, or bring in some white. Leaning toward white.

1ADCBA06-9CBB-47CD-94DC-6E2776CFA12C.jpeg

9AAF1400-826E-4EC9-8C98-CBCD50EF8EA8.jpeg

Back