When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

White sidewalls or black walls?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Is your lemon cruiser a repaint? I love it and yes fenders would kill it.
Yes, that was a bike made up from a truckload of bikes and parts I bought last Spring. It sold in August.
The New owner (in LA) loves the chrome fenders on it, and it now sports a continental kit and a steering wheel with ape hangars also.
WTF?
He drove all night to come get it and in 4 days texted me the pics of its new life.
At least its not in the boneyard where it was on its way to when I got it.
It started out a ragged blue 71' Typhoon frame twice painted over.

My only rule is never put whitewalls on a bike with white/cream painted rims. Middleweights with tanks and racks tend to look better with whitewalls because in my mind, they are already a "deluxe" version and deserve them. Its personal preference, really. No right or wrong way. And anything fancy you see in the catalog is marketing to get you to buy.

I put white sidewalls on my black Typhoon because there’s not enough distinction between the black paint on the fender and the black rubber on the tire. This is the bike which caused me to post the question in the first place. I think @Dannuus hit the nail on the head when he stated that if a bike has lots of chrome bling on it, it needs the white sidewalls.

Brings up another question. How many of you add bling to a base bike just to give it some flare or because you just happen to have that extra part?

I for one do not like the WW with white painted rims only Chrome. The chrome can go either black or WW. Some dark colored bike look bad a-$-$ with BW tires. See @rollfaster Corvette and Speedster above.
I put wide whites on my 53 Hornet that came with the Typhoon cords, but could not find them.. They have white wheels and it's a lot of white on my green bike so i may switch black walls with the WW.. To each his own...

I put white sidewalls on my black Typhoon because there’s not enough distinction between the black paint on the fender and the black rubber on the tire. This is the bike which caused me to post the question in the first place. I think @Dannuus hit the nail on the head when he stated that if a bike has lots of chrome bling on it, it needs the white sidewalls.

Brings up another question. How many of you add bling to a base bike just to give it some flare or because you just happen to have that extra part?
I like adding some chrome dew dads like fenders,guards, wheels, bells, horns and lots of SHINY things...

I only put on blackwalls when I don't have whitewalls. I am stuck in the 1950s when girls were the things that punched holes in your expensive floor mats with their spike heels.

Back