When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whitewall tires? What is your preference?

-

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I prefer my whitewalls all shiny and pearly. I shined up the NOS tires for my current project, but have read of people deliberately "aging" their whitewalls. Just curious, do you prefer them shiny and white, or slightly dulled and tan? Also, why?

I prefer my whitewalls all shiny and pearly. I shined up the NOS tires for my current project, but have read of people deliberately "aging" their whitewalls. Just curious, do you prefer them shiny and white, or slightly dulled and tan? Also, why?
I like the bright white better [emoji106] really changes the look of the bike here is my Colson [emoji3]
299de0cfa768e09d1c082ffe84c59fc4.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

it really just depends on the bike. a bike with nice white darts looks better with new bright whites. Cream accents or dull faded paint usually likes an aged or cream tire

I would agree. I went with cleaning my whitewalls because, even though they looked great on the bike, most of the blue paint is vibrant and bright. Especially with all the work I have done so far with getting correct wheels on it, restoring the pedals, chrome, etc...it really called for clean rubber!

I like my white walls clean. I usually only put them on my bikes with white lettering, white cables or white trim , gold or brown's get gum walls other colors what ever looks best.

Back