When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whizzer 300 motor: keep or trade?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kevauxtonic

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi there fellow CABEers. Ive got yet another question for the Whizzer guys. I recently bought a 300 motor on here, assuming that Id have an old friend (who specialized in Whizzer motor restorations) at my beck and call to help me. As it turns out, he’s in no condition to be messing around with tools. So Im left with quite a conundrum: do i try to fix it myself (with the aide of my Lambretta/ Vespa mechanic friends), or do I try to trade for a running motor of a different series, or a running repop? I have no knowledge as far as mechanics with combustion engines, and I have no clue what these are worth? The piston is not stuck, but the exhaust valve is. I wouldnt even know where to begin? As always, ANY and ALL help will be appreciated and valued!!! Thanks!!!
—-kevin

@Kevauxtonic

it will depend on what shape the motor is internally and how complete it is , you will have to disassemble it and see, it can get real costly to do a total rebuild ...$650 and up for a H model

100_0290.JPG

100_0291.JPG

DD7FAA22-4389-4067-B4AA-2C05B6017C59.jpeg
5A0BF9C3-BC6B-4120-AB18-7A9F4959E88A.jpeg
31B875E5-BCAE-4796-B826-29DB1C11197C.jpeg
it will depend on what shape the motor is internally and how complete it is , you will have to disassemble it and see, it can get real costly to do a total rebuild ...$650 and up for a H model

View attachment 736476

View attachment 736477
Wow! I had no idea it could get that expensive! Its fairly complejte-aus cfar as I can tell? I know the cmnncarburetor is missing, and possibly the points cover? Here are a couple of pics:

View attachment 736546 View attachment 736547 View attachment 736548
Wow! I had no idea it could get that expensive! Its fairly complejte-aus cfar as I can tell? I know the cmnncarburetor is missing, and possibly the points cover? Here are a couple of pics:

if you can pickup the whizzer service facts manual it will show you how to disassemble and rebuild it,memory lane may have it if you follow the instructions you should able to do it, if you need help feel free to PM me...al

if you can pickup the whizzer service facts manual it will show you how to disassemble and rebuild it,memory lane may have it if you follow the instructions you should able to do it, if you need help feel free to PM me...al

Thanks so much-I may very well be taking you up on the help, if I should get stuck somewhere along the line! I know im in the right place, and among the right people to ask for advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there fellow CABEers. Ive got yet another question for the Whizzer guys. I recently bought a 300 motor on here, assuming that i.d. have an old friend (who specialized in Whizzer motor restorations) at my beck and call to help me. As it turns out, he’s in no condition to be messing around with tools. So Im left with quite a conundrum: do i try to fix it myself (with the aide of my Lambretta/ Vespa mechanic friends), or do I try to trade for a running motor of a different series, or a running repop? I have no knowledge as far as mechanics with combustion engines, and I have no clue what these are worth? The piston is not stuck, but the exhaust valve is. I wouldnt even know where to begin? As always, ANY and ALL help will be appreciated and valued!!! Thanks!!!
—-kevin

@Kevauxtonic

I was looking at the first two whizzer engine with what looks like an H style whizzer. I see what does look like the 300 engine with the right head. Now I have to see the serial number. Is there a Carter Carb model N with this?

Back