When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whizzer at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale 2022 Sold

-
No two tone. Not show quality. No light kit or plate holder. Wrong rear light with no generator to power it. I couldn't put it next to any of my bikes or it would look like a turd. Rider. $2,500.00. Repaint? new seat? I wouldn't trade it for my junkiest rider. I would ride next to it under a friend's butt. Think of me as a snob but the incorrect paint job is hard to fix. I smell rattle can paint (alligatoring) sliding off where gas leaks onto the tank. It is not the extra money but the pride of an scuffed up old wrinkled guy. My bikes are the best I could do. We have a crappy, corrupt state but our bikes are tip-top.
😡😡

wow ...they even lie to sell stuff...what a joke this one is, not sure if price shows...but 1150.00 complete BS 'all orig'

no idea even what this abomination is but FOUR G'S!!!

BJ musta got a deal on those Persons repop saddles ( not a bad seat...but.... came on the 1985 Columbia RX5) as I see one on this Schwinn and one on the Whizzer that hit $13K!!

That is the current reality Robert. Look at all the reproductions in the advertising hobby. But if you buy something from me, rest assured I will not misrepresent it or lie to you.😎
I collect too much neat stuff. I rarely buy repro, and if I do, I ( usually) know it, BUT make sure I do my homework so not to get hooped on all the repro stuff when I want ( 99% of the time) original. I've been collecting 40+ years and know a little about alot, a bit more about a little.

If you dig advertising ( gas/oil/soda pop/beer) look at Ebay and be amazed at all the repro signs. MOST not divulging that they are clearly reproductions. Most of the BS repro's are "patina aged" to dupe the buyer. A good ( late) friend used to travel to India "picking" back in the 90's and pulled tons of cool legitimate antiques, but also LOTS of bogus repro porcelain advertising signs. He didn't misrepresent stuff, but back then it was anyones guess what was real. Some of the Ebay sellers fess up and call it new/reproduction, but many BS and play the game. Pity. "Caveat Emptor" which loosely translates to "if you drop the soap in the public shower, let it go".

Back