When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whizzer "Buy or Walk Away" Question

-

CeeBee

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have the opportunity to buy a J Whizzer project as shown for $400.
That's a bottom dollar price from the seller. My concerns are that the engine has been disassembled and "loosely" reassembled and there seems to be some resistance or drag every partial revolution as the crank is turned by hand. It almost feels as if it has compression, but without a spark plug.
My thoughts are that someone "opened up" the engine and realized it has major problems then pieced it back together and abandoned the project.
My gut feeling is to walk away from this one, but wanted some feedback before I definitively pass on it .
Any input will be appreciated!
c95ea43de9bcffe459b3ee69e1ce9d0e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I am not the guy that can tell you the value, but looks like some good parts. Looks like a Schwinn correct motor special frame? Is tank good? It's always about the some of the parts. This might be a better start then you think. Not because I am rich(NOT), but $400 isn't that much anymore when talking vintage like this. Hope some of the big boys chime in with good info for you and good luck !

Knowing nothing about Whizzers ([emoji38]) I would check eBay...
Here's one:
Schwinn whizzer motor bike | eBay

Me, I always listen to my gut. Assume it's free. Then add what it's going to cost to get it rideable and $value at that point. Then factor in that $450. I'm thinking you're losing money.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Looks like a $400 headache to me. Definitely salvageable but has the potential to mess with you at every turn. At $400, you ain't even close to finish paying for this bike. If you like headaches and have a good supply of aspirin on hand, go for it. If you were to just sell the parts shown however, you'd get your money back plus maybe a couple hundred.

Back