When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whizzer "Buy or Walk Away" Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If it helps, I paid around $400 for this a few years ago without an engine. I haven’t regretted it and definitely got my moneys worth in parts. (I am piecing mine back together though).

I guess one thing to factor in would be how much you like to get your hands dirty. If you don‘t I’d walk away.

Another point to consider is that piecing something like this together can get really expensive. It can really nickel and dime you. It’s almost always smarter to buy something complete to start with if you can afford it.

57270E75-F805-4B21-B4F0-4A8924440D90.jpeg

Thanks for everyone's input. I have texted the seller saying I have a case of "non-buyer's" remorse and waiting to hear back from him. He's a friend and the Whizzer isn't publicly available so I'm sure the opportunity is still on the table.
In response to some of the comments, I've never been afraid of dirt, grease or hard work and I have built my share of engines over the years. I am pretty good with bike and bike parts values, but project Whizzers and Whizzer parts are out of my wheel house of knowledge on value. I know what I can get a entry lever "runner" for and I feel like if the engine on this one is serviceable I'll come out ahead because I have all of the conventional parts to put the bike itself together. I wasn't looking at buying it from a "part it out" perspective but knowing the value of the bits and pieces exceeds the asking price is comforting if I do get into the engine and find that it is too far gone.

:0 :0 :0 :0. ??? Your questioning the price !!!!.....I’m sure someone else has bought it by now.... :0

Do you want an orignial Whizzer or one of the reproductions? The link that SevenHills posted is a retro- just so you know.

Back