When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whizzer motorbike rides

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I was in my mid-30's (about 25 years ago) when I finally got my first Whizzer. My parents would never let me have one, but for some reason, when I was seriously considering buying a Vespa, they didn't have a problem with it. I never did buy it though. I think what killed it for me was when my mom sat me down and said, "Now Dave, if you buy this, I don't want you joining any motorcycle gangs!"

Sounds like the old guy is guilty! My suggestion is to go talk to his parents.

Hey Dave that funny ! I am going to talk to this parents!

I ride to town every once in a while its about a 15 mile ride there, then I ride around for a few hours and ride back to base. All in all i do around 50-60 miles but I really dont have anywhere else to ride since everything is usually an hour or more away driving at 75mph. Once I find a better base I'll have more fun.

Hi militarymonark, I talk to one of the guys who use to put on the Whiz-in here and ask why they stoped. He said the last one had about 80 riders and was well layed out. someone fell and got roadrash,he didn't want the liabilty. But.... i hear there are a few private rides,i'm signing a waiver and buying some lunch, lets see if this gets me in. Oh yeah, has to be vintage whizzers only! Ray

well the airforce requires me to wear proper PPE so if everyone followed those guidelines there wouldn't be incidents like that

DSC00090.JPG
DSC00088.JPG

I still have this early '60's Westen Flyer 24" with original duals, but it needs a tiny bit of work yet. (Motor is "stuffed" in there). bri.

Last edited:
well the airforce requires me to wear proper PPE so if everyone followed those guidelines there wouldn't be incidents like that

It is a shame,the other whiz-in is 400 miles from here, they do it twice a year. i think next time if someone should hit the ground there trespassing!!

Motorized bicycles have utilized all variety of engines, from internal-combustion two-stroke and four-stroke gasoline engines to electric, diesel, or even steam propulsion. Most motorized bicycles are based or derived from standard general-purpose bicycle frame designs and technologies, although exceptions abound. In addition, modifications to a standard bicycle frame to support motorization may be extensive.

Back