When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whizzer on a huffman

-

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I think at least..... what's something like this worth?

whizzer.jpg

Do you know what type of whizzer engine it is? It should be the first letters of numbers on the serial number.

I'm not versed in motors....but the way the BB and lower sections of the seat tube and down tube, looks like it could possibly be leaking oil or something? Looks pretty "wet".

Last edited:
If we can't agree on the Bendix hub, at least we can agree on this. Also 37fleetwood's photo show a short-lived 1939 Model D engine with roller drive on rear wheel (below chain) and early style tank.

It looks like the grips are broken off but wouldn't they just indicate that it is a J motor or later. It could be something more rare like a 300 or 700. If its a J motor I'd say 400-600 depending on how bad you need it.

I see a $150 front brake, (a-rare-for-Whizzer) front fork, undented tank(?), missing belt cover, chain goes to? --for a good start. $ 600.00 is my estimate for the engine kit if it has compression after making sure the exhaust valve is not on or loose and crank is not clicking when you turn it back and forth. Shipping would be taken out of this price. The motor mount bar (top) is not secure? Other two frame mounts don't look secure or correct. So badly mounted that is is like new inside because it could not be used? This bike proves the point that putting a Whizzer on a bike that is not a Schwinn is a fool's errand. Value the bike separately and get a Schwinn if you want a Whizzer. My cell # is 920-559-1822 if you can get next to it and need more help. Ray

Last edited:
Back