When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whizzer Rolling Chassis w/ Martin Roadrunner Fork

-

Huffman1947

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Recent acquisition. 1939 Columbia Whizzer rolling chassis with Martin Roadrunner girder fork (I think). Notice modified frame to accommodate motor. Any Martin frames out there?

Whizzer Rolling Chassis.jpg

Very neat springer and interesting frame mods! I'd like to see some straight-on pictures of that frame and some of the connections at head tube and seat tube.

Thank you for posting!

Whizzer Rolling Chassis.jpg

Whizzer Rolling Chassis 2.jpg

@bricycle
@bikewhorder

This is the Martin springer fork removed from the bike, cleaned, detailed, and lubricated. The fork's steerer tube runs up behind the spring and through the bike's head tube, which is secured on top by a tubular clamp. There were rubber pads on the top and the bottom of the spring that were dry-rotted. I replaced them with rubber washers and grommets that seemed to work well. Overall the fork cleaned up nicely and appears to function properly.

Springer3.jpg

Springer2.jpg

Springer1.jpg

Back