When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whizzer Schwinn Excelsior??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Cyclone

On Training Wheels
Hello Cabers! Another conundrum! I have a pretty dilapidated Whizzer that is confusing me. It has an Excelsior badge, and I’m not sure of the year. I can’t find anything about it in my Schwinn searches. I was told that Schwinn manufactured Excelsior but again...I can’t seem to find the info. What I would like to know is what year it is, and is it worth my time and money to bring it back to life. Like I said, it’s pretty sorry to look at, but it keeps growing on me. All information is greatl
836A0A8C-9422-4A6E-97CA-05F038FEDF8A.jpeg
836A0A8C-9422-4A6E-97CA-05F038FEDF8A.jpeg

00A00067-C69D-4905-ACB2-0D70238695E1.jpeg
00A00067-C69D-4905-ACB2-0D70238695E1.jpeg

From what I see........................That would cost A LOT to " Bring Back to Life " . That has some SERIOUS issues. I'm SURE you would have more into it than it would be worth after it was Re- Done . It does cost quite a bit when working to salvage a decaying machine like that . Yes Schwinn made bikes that were badged "Excelsior" . Search Excelsior on the search bar Here , on the Cabe ...................you'll find the info your looking for . A serial number would really help. There are a lot of whizzers out there. Read up on 'em and learn all you can . They did have a few different motor types . Education is KEY J.M.H.O. ;)

The bike is a post war Schwinn B6 model. Serial number should be on the left rear drop out above the axle nut if it's a 52 or later or under the crank if it's a 46-51 model.
Looks like it would take to much work, time and money to bring that one back IMO. ;)

I will post a photo of the serial number. I thank you both for your assistance. Maybe I will just part it out. A donorcycle...

I would keep it as is. Would make an interesting wall hanger/conversation piece.

looks like it WAS a 600-700 rollerbearing mill. :sob:
get out the pb or kroil and soak her up and dismantle to see what you have saveable.

Back