When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whizzer Speedo orig or repop?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have five, 3 repop's and 2 NOS original. The NOS ones have the screws on the outside and the repop's 2 screws are in the inboard places on the face and they are screws, not rivets.

I will tell you in a PM, I don't want the cheats to know so they can't make the repro's look more real.

The first pic is a definite original, the second is a Peter Ireland reproduction from the 80's. He acquired cases of old Harley Hummer speedos and had the faces silk screened as whizzer. The third is a newer reproduction done by ?? Notice the zero's on the first one, perfect circles with black background and deco indicator. The second is really close but the zeros are squared off on the sides. The third is way off in everything. Then there's the zero miles thing. You have to ask yourself what the odds are of you finding a 70 year old speedo that never got used? Slim and none!

IMG_5362.JPG

IMG_5363.JPG

IMG_5364.JPG

The speedo cable is too new to be an original and like the other guy said they don’t have rivets that hold the face plate on definitely a repop

Back