When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who builds the best ballon bicycles

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
"Builds" would be current tense and the answer is no one. Who 'built' the best balloon tire bikes--Schwinn, CWC, Monark, Westfield, Colson, Iver Johnson, Snyder, Huffman, Shelby, and others before WWII. Why do I believe that? Because after 80 years I'm still riding them! V/r Shawn

Last edited:
Iv cracked open a few pre war bikes in my life time . I like how Colson Bicycles have holes in the frame where parts like tanks and Guards fit like a glove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It depends if you're talking about build quality or coolness I guess for me

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

"Builds" would be current tense and the answer is no one. Who 'built' the best balloon tire bikes--Schwinn, CWC, Monark, Westfield, Colson, Iver Johnson, Snyder, Huffman, Shelby, and others before WWII. Why do I believe that? Because after 80 years I'm still riding them! V/r Shawn

Worksman makes them in USA without tanks around $600, Aero-Fast makes them in USA with tank, closer to a grand, ( they both market direct),you can buy an import from any bike shop, if you buy at a discount store you'll need to grease the bearings.

My money goes towards vintage--new stuff does nothing for me. V/r Shawn
Mine goes toward vintage also, as far as quality goes , my prewar bikes aren't built any heaver or better than my 60s or 70s bikes, without the extra 5 lbs for tank & springer weight figured in, they all come in at 40lbs wether a prewar ballooner, 60s middleweight or a 70s, 26" diamond frame Schwinn, the one exception is my daughter's BMA era Rollfast twin top bar cantilever middle weight, which weights in at around 36 lbs with fenders and I would put my late model Worksman with hand brazed, lugged frame & Nexus three speed coaster brake against any of them in build quality.

Back