When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who can help with identification?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

torikia

On Training Wheels
Hello everyone!

I'm new here, and i am blown away by the detailed information on so many topics on this forum.

If i am in the wrong place or category, please let me know, and i will delete this post immediately.
I collect mainly vintage road bikes from the 50s-80s, but over the years
i came along some very strange little bikes i just couldn't resist to call my own. Duemilla 2000, Bickerton, Bridgestone Picnic, Puch camping......and this little guy, which i do not know anything about. It has "Brevettto R.E.M." on most of the Parts, Bianchi "Super Rapid" brakes, and the nuts are marked with an "R" on red surface. Since i am not really familiar with this kind of bikes, i hope you would share some knowledge in the forum.

The most interesting thing about this bike is probably its' handle bar, which is foldable, so to say. In order to "fold" the bike (or at least make it a tiny bit shorter), the wing nuts on the handle bar have to be loosened, so the handle kind of splits into two halfs . Then the vertical tubes of the handle bar get pushed down, so they lock the front tire (which needs to be turned backwards, before) in place.

Also the seat post can be extended to fit adult riders - but i guess i would be dealing with weight limitations...so for now, this is only for display.

Anyhow - I am not thinking about giving this strange one away, i just would love to have some information on...anything there is. R.E.M.? i can not find anything about that company anywhere, nor have i seen this bike anywhere else before.

If anyone can help me out here, your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks, and i will share pics of my stuff, too - most of them are stored away at the moment, but i will upload some older pics these days!

Thanks for your help!

Torikia

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 15.18.00.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 15.17.38.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 15.16.42.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 15.16.52.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 15.16.33.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 15.17.48.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 15.17.20.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 15.17.28.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 17.37.21.png

Last edited:
Very cool folder - never seen one quite like it.
I would start googling Bianchi bicycles info...

Thank you for the advice.
But Oh, i did try every search from Bianchi, folding, mini bike...etc... to R.E.M...... to whatever combinations i could think of. Unfortunately not a single hit, no pic, not even similarities.
There is an excellent museum for bicycle history in the city - but it's mostly focused on Japanese bikes.

(I live in Japan, and although there are many incredibly bicycle-educated collectors around, nobody could help me with this one so far).

Happy for any help and idea - even if it doesn't lead anywhere!

Very cool folder - never seen one quite like it.
I would start googling Bianchi bicycles info...

View attachment 1127303

-----

There are several Bianchi persons/entities in the Italian cycling scene.

This one is NOT Edoardo - no connection to the Bianchi bicycle marque.

In the Italian language "bianchi" simply means "white" - so there are lots of them...

Italy has two retail bicycle shops with the Bianchi name which have house brand cycles made for them and neither has any connection to Bianchi Edoardo.

---

Fork crown is Agrati.

Pedals are Sheffield (Italy).

Chainset may be OMG (Italy). If you are able to disassemble the bottom bracket you may discover a marking on the centre section of the spindle.

Handgrips are REG (Rampinelli) Nr. 348.

If the five-piece steel hubs are unmarked there are several possible makers. These include Agrati, FB (Fratelli Brivio) & Gnutti.

Have you discovered any marking on wheel rims? One possible maker is Maccari.

Be there any name visible on the bicycle's headlamp? Two possibilities are Aprilia and Radios.

-----

Last edited:
fyi.

brevetto,

brevetto
(breˈvetto)

MASCULINE NOUN
  1. (d'invenzione) patent
    Ufficio Brevetti Patent Office
  2. (patente)
    brevetto di pilota pilot's licence (Brit) o license (US)

brevettato is Italian for 'patented'

brevettato
(brevetˈtato)

a
ADJECTIVE
  1. patented

-----

There are several Bianchi persons/entities in the Italian cycling scene.

This one is NOT Edoardo - no connection to the Bianchi bicycle marque.

In the Italian language "bianchi" simply means "white" - so there are lots of them...

Italy has two retail bicycle shops with the Bianchi name which have house brand cycles made for them and neither has any connection to Bianchi Edoardo.

---

Fork crown is Agrati.

Pedals are Sheffield (Italy).

Chainset may be OMG (Italy). If you are able to disassemble the bottom bracket you may discover a marking on the centre section of the spindle.

Handgrips are REG (Rampinelli) Nr. 348.

If the five-piece steel hubs are unmarked there are several possible makers. These include Agrati & Gnutti.

Have you discovered any marking on wheel rims? One possible maker is Maccari.

Be there any name visible on the bicycle's headlamp? Two possibilities are Aprilia and Radios.

-----

Thank you so much for this information! I will check the parts you mentioned for markings tomorrow!

You said the fork crown is Agrati - could that be said for the whole frame, then, or do they just make fork crowns?

I have never heard of some of the makers you mentioned except Gnutti, REG and maybe OMG, so this is very interesting for me and i will try

to find out more about the quality of these brands, and maybe get behind an actual maker of the bike itself.

Thanks so much for your help, and if there is anyone else who can add to this, your help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
fyi.

brevetto,

brevetto
(breˈvetto)

MASCULINE NOUN
  1. (d'invenzione) patent
    Ufficio Brevetti Patent Office
  2. (patente)
    brevetto di pilota pilot's licence (Brit) o license (US)

brevettato is Italian for 'patented'

brevettato
(brevetˈtato)

a
ADJECTIVE
  1. patented

Thanks for your comment! i am aware of the meaning of brevetto and its' usage - I was trying to find out information on the R.E.M. part in the marking,
or anything else on the pics that helps to identify the bikes' maker, year of production, model name...etc....

but thanks anyway!

-----

Agrati was part of an entity termed Agrati - Garelli.

Garelli was a maker of mopeds and motorbikes.

Agrati manufactured for bicycles -

lugs

crowns

shells

frame ends

chainsets

headsets

brakes

hubs

bottom bracket fittings

special parts for juveniles

The firm's production of pedal cycle related fittings ended about 1983-85.

-----

Welcome to the CABE. Thats a really crazy looking bike. All you have to do is ask here

Back