When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who does which, and why?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Tough to answer that one. Both are akin to therapy with me. Love holing up in the garage with good music and a cool project. An easy way to loose a whole day or more and be totally relaxed. Same with a bike ride. Without a doubt I spend way more time working on them because, well, have you ever seen what it takes to make an old bike that's been used, abused, ignored, mistreated and worked on by someone that had no business putting a tool anywhere near it, back into a respectable level of performance/appearance?!??:eek: :p :p :p

Having said that, I can now say it is the combination of both activities that I find a greater joy. Riding a bike I have invested my blood, sweat & passion into giving a new life that rides better than the day it was new is an amazing feeling!! :):):)

I rode more than I wrenched when I was younger because I wanted to keep my weight off.
- as I aged, I had more problems with heat exhaustion and such. It was harder to do the long rides.

I mostly like working on bikes (and a ton of other things) and have done several for other people (never for profit). I do ride most of my bikes but prefer the work. With my Hot Rod, I have a 19 year old helping me, when I did my 58 Harley, my nephew helped me...promotes great relationships with young people and tons of great memories!

I like both, and they are interrelated, since riding the bike eventually leads to working more on it. After tearing a bike down to the individual balls in the bearing cages, you have a pretty good idea how it all goes together. I really like knowing that with the simple tool kit I carry when I ride, and the knowledge I gained from rebuilding the bike, I can get home almost guaranteed.

Riding a bike I have invested my blood, sweat & passion into giving a new life that rides better than the day it was new is an amazing feeling!! :):):)

Well put @Mr. Monkeyarms !! I love sneaking up on people on my 1941 alley rat that rides whisper quiet and fast as hell. Looks can be deceiving. Don't judge a bike by it's paint job. :p

Back