When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHO HAS A Bike from the original OWNER ?? With a story to boot !!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
JD, glad to see you went back and bought that great old straight bar Schwinn. Now that it's cleaned and set up to ride you probably think about how dumb it would have been not to go back every time you look at it. Hope you have lots of enjoyable rides.

Saginaw Power Bike

My Western Flyer Saginaw Power bike was purchased in Greensville PA 3 years ago.I bought it of the OG owner Don .I came across it craigslist as a power bike for sale ,called and he mailed me pictures plus held it for a month till the winter weather broke.
Here is the OG owner Don
Don.jpg

Greg and Don
Don & Greg.jpg

I live in ontario and drove approx 4 hrs with my wife and met the owner and his wife what lovely people they are. He said he has had a lot of enjoyment over the years .He drove it in parades and all around but it was time for someone else to have fun . It’s not pretty but a great runner .He painted it up and had the briggs NP rebuilt
Powerbike.jpg

.Before I left he said I have one more thing that goes with the bike he smiled and handed me the OG plate.
PA plate.jpg

Last year I left it up at the lake and ride it weather permitting when I was up there.
photo1-1.jpg

Thanks GT
Some day some one else will enjoy it

Don.jpg

Don & Greg.jpg

PA plate.jpg

Powerbike.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

Last edited:
corvette

This corvette was bought from a man who has worked on a local farm for a long time. This is the bike he used to get from his house to the farm. When I bought the bike I had to call a number on this sign. He answered and was not able to come get the money for the bike that day. So the next day we met him at a gas station and unfortunately it turns out he is one of the many homeless people in the area. He was glad to sell the bike because he got a new one for cheap from his friend whose house he was at.
IMG_1617_zps006f522b-1.jpg

IMG_1619_zps6f281e78-1.jpg

The light has a high low and a horn. the front basket is in amazing condition but I just can't do baskets. The light was off the bike for repair in the next picture and I took the basket off.

IMG_1632_zps921f2513-1.jpg

This picture seemed appropriate for this thread too.

poster_from_postermywall_zpsa31096c5-1.jpg

Bought these two 1950 JC Higgins Color Flows last year. The man and his sister got them for Christmas 1950. He told me he took it out for a spin that Christmas morning with a foot if snow on the ground and crashed, breaking off the bag wing headlight. He saved it for 63 years and it still works! They had been hanging in his garage for 40 years. He even gave me the original parts catalog that came with the bike! :) :) :)
edehy5yh-1.jpg

hevazuvu-1.jpg

> Marie

Similar to the crazy cat lady; I'm obsessed, & couldn't care less that I've got too many.

I am enjoying all these stories . The his/ hers bikes are cool to have from the same family . Keep em coming . Makes me appreciate small details even more .

I was out yard saleing early last year. My friend was buying a minibike off of some kid while I spoke to the father. I casually mentioned my love of old bikes. Five minutes later I was making the negotiation of a lifetime. His neighbor and his wife just went into hospice and gave him a matching his/her pair of 1941 Huffmans. The young couple had received the bikes as wedding gifts. Due too fuel rations they rode the bikes during the war and then hung in the rafters to collect dust. I really worked up a nervous sweat during the deal but walked away with the prizes! Sad to say I love the really old bikes and a 1919 Schwinn built Excelsior came my way and I had to make the trade. I will never forget the chain of events that led me to those bikes or the story that goes along with them. Regards Mike.

Attachments

• DSC_0249.jpg
    DSC_0249.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC_0175.jpg
    DSC_0175.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 292
I have a few Original owner bikes, 4 of my motorcycles are, but I have a 47 Schwinn WZ one owner, guy had it in his barn since the rear wheel collapsed, sometime in the 50s. a 76 Yamaha Moto Bike, Original owner had no kids, none coming, and wanted his childhood bike taken better care of, so it hangs on my wall. I had a ladies Schwinn road bike here for a long time, She got the bike for her 16th birthday at 12 o'clock. At ^ he grandfather gave her a used car. She rode it between 12 and 6. in 1979. I sold it last fall after having it in my line for nearly 3 years. It looked like new the day it left.

I bought this swedish 1947 Rambler from almost the original owner! The first owner was a lady borned 1905 and deceased in 1999. After her death, her son put the bike in an attic for about 5 years. Then he decided to throw it away...His wife talked him in to selling it instead and i bought it from him. It is completely unrestored an untouched and it still has it's factory mounted tires!
hämta.jpg

http://veterancykel.se/Rambler-1947-Dam/

My 1937 CCM Flyte was bought new 78 years ago by my great uncle Owen, then got passed to my father who modifed it in the 1950's and now to me, putting it back how it was when my great uncle bought it. Three generations in the same family.

Back