When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has seen this style TOC headset?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jesse McCauley

McCauley Cycle Works
I scratched my head for a while over what I thought was a seized stem & a stuck headset nut.

It turns out this headset is so large and oddly shaped because it conceals the split tube that when tightened against secures the stem in place rather than a traditional collar.

Familiar to anyone?

ea5c2c8bbde7e712bff1d3f4e4a9d8ed.jpg

a7594e0056143aecbeaf7334c59b7ff8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The stem that was on it was wrong and much later from the ballooner era so it had a quill & wedge. However once I removed the quill bolt and wedge that stem was SECURE.
As far as I can tell, the headset is all that is necessary to secure the stem to fork.

The stem that was on it was wrong and much later from the ballooner era so it had a quill & wedge. However once I removed the quill bolt and wedge that stem was SECURE.
As far as I can tell, the headset is all that is necessary to secure the stem to fork.

Different............Now,,,, Show the Bike!!!:D

Back