When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has the last Prewar Schwinn ?

-
That's a '39. I have an x serial I consider a '38 but it's serial X07491
Did it have the EF BB shell like the one @WetDogGraphix 's posted? I've only seen that on the I series 1942 models. Also the 39 DX's had the straight down tubes so Wetdogs piece is not a 39. It does have the small early machine stamped SN font though.

Last edited:
That's a '39. I have an x serial I consider a '38 but it's serial X07491

Did it have the EF BB shell like the one @WetDogGraphix 's posted? I've only seen that on the I series 1942 models. Also the 39 DX's had the straight down tubes so Wetdogs piece is not a 39. It does have the small early machine stamped SN font though.
It was sold as a 41.... It has some different features.

Mine isn't a DX. Maybe @WetDogGraphix is a '40? I thought by '41 we were well into the alphabet

IMG_2112.jpg

Back