When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has the Minky's Schwinn bikes?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
1556556919441.jpeg
1556556900373.jpeg

My Schwinn Whizzer has a Minky's badge. I have heard from an old timer that Minky's rebuilt and sold used bikes after the war. They placed their own badge on the bikes they rebuilt. I have no idea if this is true.

Someone on our neighborhood group on Facebook just posted asking if anyone remembered Minky's bike shop on Devon in Rogers Park Chicago. The owners son chimed in with this:

"My father started the business on Roosevelt Road on the west side when he got out of the Air Force. It was much larger had all kinds of Sporting Goods Schwinn Whizzer bikes and was a double store. Some years later he opened the store on Devon set his brother up there. When Martin Luther King was assassinated and the Westside was burned, my father had to leave and join his brother on Devon." (Note: I editted this for clarity).

Odd coincidence to see that this was posted here around the same time.

https://thecabe.com/forum/conversations/
Someone on our neighborhood group on Facebook just posted asking if anyone remembered Minky's bike shop on Devon in Rogers Park Chicago. The owners son chimed in with this:

"My father started the business on Roosevelt Road on the west side when he got out of the Air Force. It was much larger had all kinds of Sporting Goods Schwinn Whizzer bikes and was a double store. Some years later he opened the store on Devon set his brother up there. When Martin Luther King was assassinated and the Westside was burned, my father had to leave and join his brother on Devon." (Note: I editted this for clarity).

Odd coincidence to see that this was posted here around the same time.
Thanks for the info. Barry

Back