When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who knew Western Auto sold Schwinn bicycles?

-

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Beck's Western Auto in Escanaba, Michigan was a Schwinn dealer. I've also found others called Western Auto Associate Stores. Barry
1571598695739.jpeg

Schwinn were sold in my local hardware store in the 1950s/60s. Not al Western Auto stores sold Schwinns but some also had a Schwinn dealership. Roger

My first bike came from Western Auto in Kennewick WA. That Western Flyer from the mid to late 50's was a Monark I believe.

What years was all this happening? Is that list on the right fixed/printed on the picture page?
The list of dealers I posted is from the late sixties. It's from a magazine. I don't have the magazine (maybe a Schwinn Reporter), just this other photo. Barry
f.jpg

Last edited:
Beck's Western Auto in Escanaba, Michigan was a Schwinn dealer. I've also found others called Western Auto Associate Stores. Barry
View attachment 1081784

Ahhhh....totally remember Bicycle Center Two in Palos Verdes....a friend of mine Steve Bowen ran the place
before it's untimely demise...sometime back in the 90's if I remember correctly...
and one of the Krate era catalogs was shot there . We lost Steve a few years back
but he was doing what he loved...cycling in the Santa Monica mountains... good memories.

Interesting how many Michigan cities are NOT listed. Must have been a regional listing.

Back