When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who knows carriers

-

morton

I live for the CABE
Just found these rummaging around in my basement. Both are in good shape to be used as is or for restoration. Will be looking to sell them in the near future so don't want to misidentify or ask a crazy low or crazy high price. both are obviously repaints.

Number 1 is pre-war Colson I believe. Legs straight and I don't think you would need to do anything to mount on "patina" bike.. Missing the correct seat post mounting bracket/bolt. Identification and value please.

2.JPG

Number 2 I have no idea of make and time period. Good solid piece but legs will need some work/skill to straighten. Identification and value please.

2c.JPG

Thanks for any info

The lower rack looks like it’s for a Mercury Pacemaker. The deck was used post war on JcHiggins but the front mount and legs changed.

Used on quite a few Murray built and some Westfield Sears bikes depending on the front mount & legs. If it has original doglegs a the bottom of the legs could be a Mercury Pacemaker.

will try to post detail photo of murry carrier. any value estimates on either?

You can "search" them, here's a couple of examples..

Back