When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who likes Super Deluxe?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Monark Super De Luxe after.JPG

monarch super deluxe.jpg

I LOVE MINE!!!! Had this bike a long time..And what I like is as follows,,,Start with the front end,,a Fender bird leading to the Train Lite,,working your way to the Chrome Fork Caps ,to the double spring suspension,,leading to the Monark Chrome Head Schrod Love the 21 inch moon bars The Lobdell Saddle ???I think,,,with crash rail,,rite back to the rear Cheesegrate Rack,,where we just shreaded some Parmesan,,,, rite down to the wrap around Tail light The bike sits on Kelly Springfield Road Trac Tires,, married to a set of drop center rims ,,with a Bendix two speed,which are held on the frame by acorn nuts ,But ,, what I like most are the DEEP FENDERS ,,they caught my eye.It appears to me the bike was designed after the1950 s Plymouth,,or Buick??This is a 1953 Monark Super Deluxe,,Sea Foam Green ,some touch ups but all original,,

SAM_1031.jpg

SAM_1033.jpg

SAM_1034.jpg

Last edited:
Great "Why I love my bike"! Thanks Rudy! By the way, and not to get too far afield, I like the fence, but how do the neighbors?

Last edited:
I LOVE MINE!!!! Had this bike a long time..And what I like is as follows,,,Start with the front end,,a Fender bird leading to the Train Lite,,working your way to the Chrome Fork Caps ,to the double spring suspension,,leading to the Monark Chrome Head Schrod Love the 21 inch moon bars The Lobdell Saddle ???I think,,,with crash rail,,rite back to the rear Cheesegrate Rack,,where we just shreaded some Parmesan,,,, rite down to the wrap around Tail light The bike sits on Kelly Springfield Road Trac Tires,, married to a set of drop center rims ,,with a Bendix two speed,which are held on the frame by acorn nuts ,But ,, what I like most are the DEEP FENDERS ,,they caught my eye.It appears to me the bike was designed after the1950 s Plymouth,,or Buick??This is a 1953 Monark Super Deluxe,,Sea Foam Green ,some touch ups but all original,,

View attachment 871527

View attachment 871528

View attachment 871529
love your bike

View attachment 871527

View attachment 871528

View attachment 871529
love your bike RUDY ,its super nice

OTE="STRADALITE, post: 931007, member: 1797"]Looks like a shallow fender on the rear and a deep one on the front.
No, what's your point? Iv'e had several of these. Original all the way.[/QUOTE]

Just an observation. I’ve also had several of these bikes.
The fenders might be the same color but don’t appear to be a matching set.
Here’s a comparison of the rear fenders.
The tombstone reflector housing goes to the edge of the fender on your bike but not on the deep fender on the green bike.
B2A9BE49-70A0-4200-8E8C-8F59EBAE11DB.jpeg

2132710B-08CC-4715-83A8-5DAF6267994D.jpeg

Good observation. The Monark Plant , like the Schwinn plant was typical of bike factories of the '40s-'50s. Parts were not wasted. This is a 1950 model. Back fender may be a late '40s. Schwinn used up an old stock of 1934 frames in '41. They never would have believed that someone 75 years later, would be pointing it out, much less care. WW2 and Korea played a major role in the manufacturing of bicycles. The shortages of steel forced conservation. An interesting story, by itself.

Back