When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who likes Super Deluxe?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Dragged the Monark up from the basement and rode around on it today.View attachment 871318
View attachment 871321

Fun Bike! Nice original 1950 decal on the fender of a beauty on a slice of cheesecake, with the outline of the map of Wisconsin behind it.View attachment 871322
View attachment 871324

Original paint has never been touched up. Only thing I have done with this bike is to change the handle bars, to the "long horn" type, and put the longer coke bottle grips on. This is an original survivor. Deluxe all the way.....View attachment 871323
View attachment 871325
Great bike. Love it.

There are a lot of great super deluxe bikes in this thread. Here is mine. It has been restored and is one of my best riding bikes.

F3766E69-F581-4820-9C6E-25E0E0DC23F8.jpeg

Good observation. The Monark Plant , like the Schwinn plant was typical of bike factories of the '40s-'50s. Parts were not wasted. This is a 1950 model. Back fender may be a late '40s. Schwinn used up an old stock of 1934 frames in '41. They never would have believed that someone 75 years later, would be pointing it out, much less care. WW2 and Korea played a major role in the manufacturing of bicycles. The shortages of steel forced conservation. An interesting story, by itself.

Tinker, besides Columbia & Monark, I own four Schwinn Phantom bikes from the 50s...all different years.
Practically every time I post one... I get “observations” that the pinstripes are incorrect because it does not match
what they have.
I'm thinking of posting this text below the image of the bike next time I post a photo....

“Schwinn pin striping on the frames was done at the Chicago plant by different workers
over the years by hand. There were slight minor variations but Schwinn knew that the
majority of the users were kids who were thrilled to own a bike regardless of the fact
that the pin stripes were not dead-on exact from one year to the other!”

Last edited:
This past week there has been a feeding frenzy over a Monark Super Deluxe listed in the for sale section, here on the CABE. For those who feel "left out' here is one that as far as I know went unsold at the Arlington Heights Illinois swap in August,
IMG_2683.JPG

I don't recall the man's name[ He did have a 30s motorbike at the swap that I sold to someone else many years ago, which surprised me ] , this Monark was original paint, but had been touched up, and fenders repainted. The asking price was $1100. Someone may recognize him. Also pictured is a later model original "Imperial", that Nickinator brought down from Minnesota, also for sale.
IMG_2700.JPG

Not sure if they sold it. So...if you feel " left out," there is still hope .

ya'll and your Super Deluxe's.

mine is almost completely og, 1948, except for the grease, it is 2018 model
20181006_183236.jpg

20181008_145215.jpg

, one of these days I will be able to afford the alien headlight for it and have it complete.

Still have the og Kelly Springfield tires for it, would never ride on them though, rear is ready to open up. So it rolls on new tread.

I feel I have the correct (last pictured) Lobdell seat on this bike now. I found it in housepaint blue 35+ years ago in Fort Frances, Ontario, Canada ( across the river from International Falls, Mn.) sold to a friend, who restored it, & in turn sold it back to me last Summer. He upgraded the style of the rack to a cheese grater ( I have the original on a rat bike Monark pictured) rack and added the tank shroud. I restored a Firestone Super Cruiser ( found in rural Mn. bought off an 85 year old guy/among others over time) around the same time (1980's) and sold it to a pal about 10 years ago ( also pictured is a Panther I sold him). I had a nice original ladies Monark that I have since sold. They do hold a special place in my heart.

P1010097.JPG

P1010098.JPG

mon 1.JPG

mon 2.JPG

P1010011.JPG

monark.JPG

supe 1.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010004 (2).JPG

Back