When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who likes Super Deluxe?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes Vince, I would say it's safe to say that. Monark was building bikes for kids and I think they didn't really care if a fender was miss[matched back in 1950. They used up some older back fenders on the early models. They weren't building automobiles, they were making "kid's" bikes. The Super Deluxe was Monark's answer to Schwinn's Phantom, their competitor. The other thing is, steel was still affected by war time shortages. The whole war time mentality of not wasting anything carried over well into the late 50's. You and I know this as fact, because we were there.

Here's photos for reference only.
IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

Is the spring in the springer fork on these 53 SD models supposed to be stiff? There is no movement/bounce when i ride it and even when i purposely push down the front end holding it by the handlebar near the stem then pushing it down...no bounce whatsoever...
EE2686D0-5A79-40FA-B440-9A69A968D19E.jpeg

Not really. Check the pivot bolts for over-tightening. It may be the frozen-by-rust- condition of the pivot itself..

Last edited:
@SKPC thanks, i loosened the pivot bolt a bit and greased the spring bolt to lessen friction between it and the bushing. It works fine now.

Hey guys, i just noticed this.. why my chain guard is shaped a little different?
Compared to this pic posted somewhere here, the curve on mine where the crank arms go is not more emphasized.? And the bottom part near the rear bracket is raised a bit?
96357321-8F0C-4B25-8526-8329FB3222EA.jpeg

8ED2A536-C82F-4986-9495-7A3F1B1F8A87.jpeg

FABB2364-1ADD-4B6A-B12D-05B1FC5E3041.jpeg

Hey guys, i just noticed this.. why my chain guard is shaped a little different?
Compared to this pic posted somewhere here, the curve on mine where the crank arms go is not more emphasized.? And the bottom part near the rear bracket is raised a bit?
View attachment 990311
View attachment 990312
View attachment 990314
Hate to say it but yours looks like it got a trim job somewhere along the line in it's life. Maybe it got damaged and someone tried to make the best out of a bad thing.

Back