When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who made Roadking???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

18622hunter

Hello,

I am hoping somebody can help me identify who made the Roadking bike. The origianal color of this bike was deep red. The only part that I can tell that was not original was the N.D. two speed conversion kit. I purchased the bike from the original owner. Unfortunately he could not provide any information, (he no longer remembers).

The front and rear hubs are N.D., Torrington bars, Wald stem, double drop center rims and peaked fenders.

Attachments

• Roadking (4) edited.jpg
    Roadking (4) edited.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Roadking (3) edited.jpg
    Roadking (3) edited.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Roadking (5) edited.jpg
    Roadking (5) edited.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 77
  • Roadking (10) edited.jpg
    Roadking (10) edited.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Roadking (8) edited.jpg
    Roadking (8) edited.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you both for the info. I tried google and I guess I wasn't looking at the correct info.

id

you can not always go by the sprocket , on your bike it appears to be all original,never before worked on with original parts ,plus when i googled it ,the name shows up,, the bike shown has a different sprocket.. usually the people on this site have all the knowledge and correct information,, the cabe is the first place to seek information..wpb

Nice Bike

That's a neat bike- It definitely looks Colson-built if you compare the frame welds and shape, the forks, and the sprocket to a Colson. I've never actually seen one of the new Departure 2 Speed conversion kits mounted on a bike. The handlebars look sort of middleweight.

That's a neat bike- It definitely looks Colson-built if you compare the frame welds and shape, the forks, and the sprocket to a Colson. I've never actually seen one of the new Departure 2 Speed conversion kits mounted on a bike. The handlebars look sort of middleweight.

I wish I had some more history on the bike. I know that the 2 speed conversion kit was added back in the 1980's. Apparently the owner had a NOS kit that he had never mounted on the bike.

I am currently restoring the bike. I have black out hubs that I am relacing to the original rims. The hubs cleaned up real well and almost look NOS. I am staying close to the original red and adding ivory graphics. I am taking some liberty with the paint scheme and using the Schwinn Autocycle paint scheme for the frame and Hiawatha scheme for the fenders and will be finished off with a black pinstripe.

Back