When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHO MADE TEENS HAWTHORNE DELUXE?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

eddy2dice

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi, can anyone tell me who made the teens Wards Hawthorne Deluxe motobike please? (Not the Hawthorne flyer as it’s a different frame) And what other badged bikes were the same? I’m pretty sure I have the identical frame but the badge screws are vertical On mine and the deluxe holes are horizontal! Many thanks, Eddy :)
D6053079-308D-4860-80E5-40E8FA11CE9D.jpeg

The picture (1919?) in the first post looks like an A&S product, and the frame in post #4 might be from both a different year and a different manufacturer, and a different model, and a different badge.

With the taller spacing of the badge fastener holes in the head tube, and along with the oval shaped stays at the bottom bracket hanger joints, I would lean towards Excelsior as the maker, and maybe the badge also.

I also see that the truss tube does not have a characteristic volcano joint with the seat tube mast; which would require a design change at some point in time.

Last edited:
Back