When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who made this saddle?

-
padding canvas, top material, no glue:

@rustjunkie , did you mean 1) padding 2) canvas 3) top material or did you mean the canvas is the padding? The more I look at that picture, I don't see any extra padding.

No glue: I can see from your pics they didn't glue the layers together. Did they glue the edge where it wraps underneath or did they just expect the lower pan to hold it?

@rustjunkie , did you mean 1) padding 2) canvas 3) top material or did you mean the canvas is the padding? The more I look at that picture, I don't see any extra padding.

No glue: I can see from your pics they didn't glue the layers together. Did they glue the edge where it wraps underneath or did they just expect the lower pan to hold it?

there's padding under the top layer and canvas, but not much.

no glue, the "pinch" pan holds it a-ok

I did a little bodywork on the lower pan, because it appeared kinked where the upper pan was broken, so I worked it down to a smooth transition. Then after tack welding the top back together and untwisting it, I think I may have got the lower pan too flat, so I put a little back in. This stuff is so screwed up it is really impossible to tell how it was. Does this in any way resemble the way Troxel made it? Too much curve? Not enough?

Upper pan:

iaDGxNG.jpg

Lower Pan:

iVnTT4s.jpg

Whole thing:

10QLTmQ.jpg

10QLTmQ.jpg

10QLTmQ.jpg

Back