When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who made Thunder Jets?

-
here's two pics that I found on ratrodbikes and google. Both aren't 100% original but you get the idea.

MO3.jpg
7236467850_aeca347fa4_b (1).jpg

Cheap maybe but just because something is cheap doesn't mean it's low quality, all bicycles can be good bicycles not just some high priced elite few.

Cheap maybe but just because something is cheap doesn't mean it's low quality, all bicycles can be good bicycles not just some high priced elite few.

I have worked on a few of these Thunder Jets and Fire Jets, trust me, they honestly earn both titles of cheep and low quality. No quality craftsmanship, sloppily brazed joints, basic steel tubing in the frames, and not the best of paint jobs from the factory. Also frames crack/break easily. They were created with low cost as the primary objective, not as a quality product.

Your right Rambler.If you wrench on bikes new or old you will see why some are costly and some belong in department stores.

Thunder Jet

The first picture is a bike I built called Maximum Overdrive. It has a Blackout Nexus 7 on Schwinn S-2 painted hoops and a Monark Springer up front. I built it for RRBBO3 if I recall correctly. I have tons of pics if you need anything for reference.

Joe

The first picture is a bike I built called Maximum Overdrive. It has a Blackout Nexus 7 on Schwinn S-2 painted hoops and a Monark Springer up front. I built it for RRBBO3 if I recall correctly. I have tons of pics if you need anything for reference.

Joe

I sold a few thunder jets a while ago, I think I still have one thunder jet left. I can turn it to a ratbike. It'd look cool just like yours. I'd like to see pics of your build to give me some ideas. Thanks.

Back