When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who makes saddle covers for 1920-30's bikes?

-

yoerg4

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have been having no luck finding any resources to recover or supply restoration parts for saddles from the 20's and 30's. I am sure that there are several suppliers out there-I just have not been able to find them. Any help is very much appreciated as I have several coverless seats.

Thanks!!!

Most people that cover their own seat use foam and leather. Depending in the type of seat. You may have to sew two pieces together onto a pan. There are some seats that have to pans that sandwich the leather together.
If you have a troxel style seat you basically are still just using two pieces of leather, foam or padding and some sewing. All the extra things like the troxel stamps into the leather are custom made. Also the eyelets at the rear would probably be found at a leatherworker supply shop.
Either way its hard work to do. Worth saving up and sending it to get done through some of the guys that do seats here.
Or just sell your pans and use that money towards an already dine seat on ebay or directly from the guys that do it.

Bobcycles is one of the guys.

Btw ive done my own seats but mainly the two pan style because i really do e have a machine or time to sew an edge by hand. You can get a leather hide on ebay. The foam should he easy to get from most upholstery supply shops. I like the black foam called ensolite. It comes in differet thickness about 1/2" is what is common you can shape it onto a pan with a air die grinder with a sanding disc. You also want to use good contact cement when gluing seats.

Last edited:
I can restore your seats for you. Here are 3 early seats that I recently did.

image.jpg

I have both Bob U. and Stradalite saddles on my bikes--both top notch. V/r Shawn

Bri,
Any of those saddles for sale? lol
Looking for one like this for my Dayton.
JKent

Back