When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who mfg. Pre War Western Flyer?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tripple3

Riding Miles; Collecting Smiles
I am wanting to sell this but am curious to know when it was made and who the manufacturer was. 26" wheels Serial # stamped on BB. H257631 Thanks
IMG_7993.jpg
IMG_8006.jpg
IMG_8000.jpg
IMG_7997.jpg

IMG_7993.jpg

IMG_8006.jpg

IMG_8000.jpg

IMG_7997.jpg

Thanks to 37Fleetwood

I have been reading here on the CABE and figure it's not "Pre War" I would like to know what year it is still. For all of us with a desire to learn; Please?

Huffman

I found this quote. "(The Huffman Manufacturing Company began making bicycles in 1934 and continues to this day. The most sought after collectible examples were made in the mid to late 1930′s. Many people confuse the Huffman brand name “Dayton” as the manufacturer. “Dayton” never made any bikes, but Huffman did make Daytons, among many other brands.)" Nostalgia.net I'm still learning so I keep reading.

The first thing to understand here is that a bicycle is known by the badging of the frame...you own a Western Flyer, not a Huffman, not a Dayton.

Huffman was indeed the manufacturer and Dayton was their "house" brand which was also their top of the line bicycles in a given year, having the most deluxe paint schemes and components.

That frame was made both prewar and post war and since is does not sport many of its original components, the serial number, fork, chainguard, and the badge itself are the clues.
To my knowledge, Huffman serial numbers have not been formally gathered, although if you spend some time poking around, you might find a SN posted here with a positive ID on year which you could extrapolate from.
Another reference would be looking through Western Auto catalogs as I do not know when Huffman was a jobber exactly year to year.

My guess is prewar 40-42 in assessing the badge if that chainguard came with the bike.

Chris

Back