When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who owns the oldest bike here?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Which ones? The two plane stem , the flimsy handlebar and the too small rear wheel leap out at me, but are not very cheesy in the flesh. Weather should improve this week. If you have pictures of similar reproductions I'd like to see them. As I said, I'm prepared for the worst.

I have this E.H.Corson Nashua. It was built around 1898. I also have a Defiance (monarch) of about the same vintage. The Corson came with a Garford saddle and tool bag.

5001640008_ac831b38a4-1.jpg

IMG_3630 by barnstormerbikes, on Flickr

I haven't kept any of the repro pictures. I was thinking the way the rear fork is formed, the handlebars and grips look odd..

Andrew,

I took another look at your bonesaker pictures and noticed that the saddle is pretty level with the tiny back wheel. If you were to install a wheel that fit that back fork, how much would it pitch the saddle forward?

David King

The saddle is actually pitched back slightly- just enough to make it a little uncomfortable. Here is a small picture I found of the bike with the original wheels, which were replaced by a previous owner. The saddle then is more level to slightly tipped forward.
sothebysboneshaker.gif

Eye Like Your Bike !

There is a guy in the Wheelmen Newsletter selling wood rims, Noah Stutzman in OH I think. Not the skinny ones, they are made by the Italian Company, and as far as oldest bike goes...

Yes - Very Nice "Shaker" for an old bike.

Back