When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who was ROSS as a maker?

• Thread starter grey3speedfrmeuro
  • Start date
#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
G

grey3speedfrmeuro

Who was ROSS as a maker?

My first bike was a ROSS muscle bike. I no longer have it though. I think they were from Rockaway New York how long did they last in the business and how are they thought of in the collector commuinty?

Thanks....

The wife and I love the Ross/Chain Bike Co. bikes
I am not too specific on dates but 50's through 70's for sure
They made a few JC Higgins bikes for Sears and I have seen a few Coast King Baracudas
Your muscle bike was likely a 'Cuda or an Apollo
I think they were one of the last truly American made bicycles well after everyone else had moved production overseas.
Hope this helps

Makes me wish I had kept it. People my age told me the "Crate" bike style was the thing to have but in the early 1980's I wanted a racing bike so it got sold to pay for it. Thanks for the information.

My son restored a Ross I had when I was younger dont know the year but he has a ball when we go riding. He tricked it out a bit. dont know how to get a pic for ya but there is one in my profile album.

Back