When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why cant I finish these Bikes

-

sh90504

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I have been working on these 2 for 5 years!! just dont seem to get anything done.....
1st 1967 [gc] purple ramshorn
2nd 1971 [mg] grey ghost disc
biketoday 001.jpg
biketoday 002.jpg
biketoday 003.jpg
biketoday 004.jpg
biketoday 005.jpg
biketoday 006.jpg
biketoday 007.jpg
biketoday 008.jpg

Maybe because you need to sell them to me, i'll take the burden of your shoulders! Hahahah Lol

I have a simular problem

I have a few bikes I have had for years & never touched - so recently I came up with a game plan --

I always like to go through what I purchase 100% BEFORE I take them out for a ride or sell them - because of this I have some back stock of bicycles I have never even ridden since purchased - many at storage that just cost money to keep - I am sure I am not alone here -

So my new goal is to get one bicycle together a month for our CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride & get one bicycle together a month that I can ride & hopefully SELL @ our local Long Beach Motorcycle / Bicycle swapmeet we have in the area every month - Sometimes I sell one - sometimes I don't

It's a good plan on paper until you throw in everyday outside factors like (1) The weather is too nice to work on a bicycle today - LETS RIDE (2) I am beat from another long day at work & the last thing I want to do is work on that bicycle (3) It's someones Birthday - Wedding - a Holiday - etc. (4) Oh crap !! I turned on the Television & now I am stuck here ------- etc.

I just put one on the rack & peck away at it - that's the best I can do to make it happen -- RIDE VINTAGE -- Frank

Last edited:
I never have that problem,,when I get a bike I am so excited,,sometimes I finish them and am riding them by the end of the day lol,,,I bought one incomplete 55 corvette.,,,the guy told me he has been working on it for a year,,but just couldnt get it done,,I was riding it the next the day lol.

Here is before and after Manta Ray,,was missing the seat, chainguard , needed pedals, crank arms and a bunch of other stuff,,,took me about 3 months to gather up all the parts and get it all together. I am really good at that lol,,I am so excited about the bikes I cant wait to finish them.

Attachments

• ray ray 001.jpg
    ray ray 001.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 104
  • manta 001.jpg
    manta 001.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 96
i have the problem where im building bikes for other people and not myself. I just finishing up two bikes this week.

What's the date code on that Ghost? I love the purple Rams Horns. I wish I had the bread to buy one. I have a similar problem as you, but mine is financial. It is a '73 Orange that needs just about everything. I make ok money, but just the disc alone will cost $400-$550. I bought and fixed-up my first collectors bike, which is a '69 Lemon Peeler. I got on it right away, while buying parts. I finished it in 30 days, working on it about from 1-8 hours a day. It was ususally about 2 hours a day. I guessed it took about 90 hours to finish it, but I went over that bike with a VERY FINE toothed comb. I took everything apart, except the pedals. I think you just lost a lot of interest in them. If that is the case, sell them, free-up the money you have in them and wait until you find another bike that really gets you interested, and don't loose interest the next time. Keep on truckin'!

I like the Manta Ray. I hope to get one someday but they seem to be hard to find.

hi guys.. he's my problem ....

hi guy here's my problem... i am a bike junkie . . . i cant ive tried to quit but its in my blood... so here's a look at what can happen
to you if you get the bug.. i just love these darn things. i love to ride pop wheelies..lol but still like to go fast!!!
the ramshorn is #gc july 1967 the ghost is #mg dec 1971 the disc is dated 1972

bikes 005.jpg
bikes 006.jpg
bikes 007.jpg
bikes 008.jpg
bikes 009.jpg
bikes 010.jpg
bikes 011.jpg
bikes 012.jpg

Back