When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why I Use This Lock On My Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Astroyama

Finally riding a big boys bike
This LockPickLawyer's craft is soo dialed-in...nice tools too.
While researching "PickProof Locks," I inadvertently stumbled upon this bicycle lock video and thought it'd be worth sharing with Yo'All.
Happy Trails~

Harry is the master! And, you're right, the greatest threat from bike thieves is a physical attack. Unfortunately, a beefy lock doesn't always guarantee a positive outcome. Point of order--a customer once entered our bike co-op with a beautiful Surly that he'd secured with a Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit. The lock worked flawlessly--the frame, didn't. While no theft occurred, the owner was still left with an unrideable pile of parts. Had the bike been stolen, insurance would have covered the loss.

If I cannot roll my bike inside of wherever I am going, be it a grocery store, retail store or liquor store, I will probably not go to that store. I do not carry a lock and like being able to securely park without one. I almost always flip my bikes upside down as a grab and go deterrent no matter where I park, but some bikes do not allow for the upside down flip. I would never lock anything of value anywhere for any length of time......

I got this Yuema 750 type lock after watching this video, and this video from Bosnian Bill. After watching lock picking videos for awhile, LPL is my favorite for sure! I still use a cable though, so that is totally my weak spot/ point of entry in the setup.

I'm total old school Schwinn on this topic!

Back