When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why I Use This Lock On My Bicycle

-

Astroyama

Finally riding a big boys bike
This LockPickLawyer's craft is soo dialed-in...nice tools too.
While researching "PickProof Locks," I inadvertently stumbled upon this bicycle lock video and thought it'd be worth sharing with Yo'All.
Happy Trails~

Harry is the master! And, you're right, the greatest threat from bike thieves is a physical attack. Unfortunately, a beefy lock doesn't always guarantee a positive outcome. Point of order--a customer once entered our bike co-op with a beautiful Surly that he'd secured with a Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit. The lock worked flawlessly--the frame, didn't. While no theft occurred, the owner was still left with an unrideable pile of parts. Had the bike been stolen, insurance would have covered the loss.

If I cannot roll my bike inside of wherever I am going, be it a grocery store, retail store or liquor store, I will probably not go to that store. I do not carry a lock and like being able to securely park without one. I almost always flip my bikes upside down as a grab and go deterrent no matter where I park, but some bikes do not allow for the upside down flip. I would never lock anything of value anywhere for any length of time......

I got this Yuema 750 type lock after watching this video, and this video from Bosnian Bill. After watching lock picking videos for awhile, LPL is my favorite for sure! I still use a cable though, so that is totally my weak spot/ point of entry in the setup.

I'm total old school Schwinn on this topic!

Back