When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is it I have a problem and others don't

-
Yes that frame was my next project, but my health went bad. There is a 14 ft. bullet shaped dry lakes body, I was putting 2 392 ci. Hemis in. I have all the parts to finish it, but I'm on oxygen now. I built a twin engine, front engine dragster with 2 392's in it about 20 years ago. So I was going to do the same with this.

20201229_120956.jpg

20201229_121011.jpg

The Colson badge says ROVER vertically. I don't know how to find the Colson thread so here are the other Rover pics. I don't know the year.

View attachment 1328485

View attachment 1328486

View attachment 1328487
Wow. It has peaked fenders. That along with the chain guard has me guessing 1941. I can't make out the rear drop out. If it goes straight to the back (the space where the axel goes) it's indeed pre war.
Mine is early post war. Rounded fenders, different chain guard. Drop out space going up from the bottom.
It's really hard to find a pre war Colson with nice original paint.

There are some common themes here ... I'm trying to teach myself, with some really surprising success, that's it's good to limit my own acquisitions, and simply enjoy other people's projects, and such.

My acquisitions usually start like this; I find a kool, and interesting head badge .... now I have to find and build the rest of the bike ... which is why my 36-37 Black Beauty has been in pieces for over 12 years. Happily, on Thursday, I'm going to pick up the missing parts, including all of the original hardware. Once I have everything in my possession, I'll commit and break out the paint stripper, and get to work. The only part I'll be missing, is the original seat, but since I intend it to be a rider, I'll go with a new C9 cruiser seat, so my taint won't ache.

Yes I do, most of them need foam inside, what size. That is a beautiful 69 Cuda and you know a 340 4spd can really make RPM's. I had a 70 340 4 spd Duster that ran like a bi#ch. Love the steelies, dog dishes and no raised white letters what a sleeper I can't stop staring at it.

Last edited:
Back