When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is it I have a problem and others don't

-
Dad had a 69 340 auto Swinger and I tried with four speed car then went with the Barracuda.
I think my head is large.

avataBike 1.jpg

avatorGrandviewtrack 76ggrr4.JPG

BMX Poster 13.jpg

I know I have a collecting problem. But why don't others notice theirs. My wife asked why I collected 306 metal flake helmets, I said the styles, designs and colors are kool, and why so many old bikes, the different sizes, styles, designs and colors. I noticed a few of my buddys have the same problems. One has over 350 pedal cars, one has over 4K model cars. Anyway I went to put my gun away and our gun safe is in my wife's closet, when I walked in I never noticed but it looked like a ladies shoe store. Had to be 70 pairs of shoes and boots. So it's my turn to ask why so many shoes, she said different moods, heel heights, occasions, weather, colors styles etc. So I guess we only notice the problem when we see it in others. She said you can only ware 1 helmet or ride 1 bike at a time, I thought 140 feet or maybe it's time to shutup. Most of us know we have a problem and I don't have a problem with that. She has been OK with my collecting for 41 years now.

View attachment 1328441

View attachment 1328442

View attachment 1328443

View attachment 1328444

View attachment 1328445

View attachment 1328446

View attachment 1328447

View attachment 1328448

View attachment 1328449

View attachment 1328450

View attachment 1328451
No reason for her to complain, you got a couple of ladies bikes in your collection!

My wife's name is Debbie also. Thats why I bought that one. She loves her 80's Schwinn 4130 chrome moly 10 spd. She puts 12 to 16 miles on it every day in good weather. She would sell the Debbie for 200$ but you would have to pick it up in Western PA 16410.

Please tell Debbie I love it but can't afford to drive to PA from MO to steal it from her. :)

Collecting is NOT a problem... it's the solution to problems. For me it defines me, and has made my way in the world.

Hoarding is another matter, it can be a problem for some people, but collecting is a noble endeavor... don't ever stop!

Back