When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is it MY Fault....

-

PAValentine

Finally riding a big boys bike
...if YOUR dog doesn't like bicycles?

So tired of riding on the street or trail where it's A-OK for bicycles to roll, and some dog walkers animal strains ferociously at their leash to get at me!
AND ITS MY FAULT!!!
And The dog's owner yells Insults at me!!!
Grrrrrr!!!!

GET THAT %$#@& DOG SOME TRAINING OR KEEP IT LOCKED UP!!!!!!

Maybe use a bicycle bell to warn of approaching on a trail; and during the yelling one might pretend not to hear — because of all the loud horn honking noise(?). Bicycle accessories have their function, as do pedals.

Glad you weren't hurt. Dogs NOT on a leash are what bother me most of the time. The most famous line in small claims court, "he's a good dog and would never hurt anyone". Then proceeds to rip a hole in your leg. I have zero tolerance for this anymore. Pepper spray in one pocket, buck knife in the other. Use accordingly.

Last edited:
Maybe use a bicycle bell to warn of approaching on a trail; and during the yelling one might pretend not to hear — because of all the loud horn honking noise(?). Bicycle accessories have their function, as do pedals.
On the trails, when approaching from the rear. I ALWAYS Slowdown, ring my BELL, and announce my presence....such as "Passing Left"...
I have a horn, but only use it when waaay back from walker. (When Passing from behind) The horn can startle walkers if used too close. The bell is a less obtrusive announcement.
Same on the street, if no sidewalk for pedestrians.

I used to ride/train in the upper midwest out amongst the farms and endless corn fields. The farm dogs love to chase bicyclists and not really in a friendly way. Usually. I just stepped on it and made a game of it, but sometimes they would be right on you already. They always go for your ankles(the little circles your foot makes drives them crazy, I think). Anyhow. at that point, off comes the frame pump and the whacking begins. Now, I'd never outrun them, so I think it would be the bear- protection- sized pepper spray in one of the bottle cages

Back